Skip to content
- Describe the characteristics of influenza infection in birds and how this varies between species.
- Explain the different types of influenza virus and how they can infect humans and animals.
- Describe the ways that influenza viruses can change or mutate and how this affects the emergence of pandemics e.g. reassortment, recombination, mutation and genetic drift.
- Explain the factors which influence the spread of avian influenza in poultry farms.
- Explain the factors which influence the spread of avian influenza in poultry farms, including the role of wild birds.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of current measures used to control Avian Influenza in developed and developing countries.
Back to all topics