Skip to content
- Describe the basic characteristics of Escherichia coli, including Gram test result, microscopic appearance, motility and pathotypes (intestinal and extra-intestinal).
- Describe the clinical presentation of avian colibacillosis.
- Discuss the main risk factors for avian colibacillosis.
- Describe how E. coli is isolated and characterised in the laboratory.
- Explain the risk of Avian Pathogenic E. coli (APEC) in the human food chain.
- Evaluate the various approaches used to control avian colibacillosis.
Back to all topics